Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pitchfork Poem


About halfway through a ream of paper,
a perfect page of overlapping impressions
shows the poet’s vigor and control,
a braille constellation many
stars beyond its time,
distance bound
by restless
minds.

(first publication)

Note: Since I’m the one who brought it up, I thought I should at least take a stab at it.


Updates:
“Pitchfork Poem” added to Poems, Slightly Used.

In the Forum: chained to an old typewriter throughout all eternity, typing up news releases of no celestial importance.

Notice of pending server relocation and expected site outages added to News and Reviews.

7 comments:

S_Allen said...

Wait you wrote that poem with a pitchfork? It does work!

William Michaelian said...

Anything to keep sanity at bay, my friend.

brian a s said...

Guess what?

Yesterday, because of a post on
Johannes Göransson's blog,
I read a Rauan Klassnik interview
of Blake Butler. In that email-
conducted interview,
Blake touched on the same idea
you are now into.
-
I'm preparing to post a little
about this, but I have links to
each of these authors in my list.
-
Also, Geof Huth, a visual poet,
does similar work. One of his
mediums is beach sand. A link to
his site is in my list too.

William Michaelian said...

Good — I’ll be looking forward to it.

Awhile ago, I was looking at the palms of my hands, and was pleased and amazed at how many more lines there are now than there used to be, especially running the lengths of my fingers. I tried to scan my right hand; it produced a clear image on the screen, but when I saved it the image was blank. Ghost hands — or at least a ghost without a digital camera.

don't be emily said...

Digital camera. Lol.

don't be emily said...

Overlapping impressions. Like when you write with two pencils held together.

William Michaelian said...

Yes, something like that. Or when you’re flipping pancakes, and the edge of the second one lands on the edge of the first one, and then a minute later they look like they were meant to be that way.