Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Doctor Is In


The Doctor Is In
December 30, 2009
#2 Pencil on Index Card


[click to enlarge]


Also, in case you missed it:
That Which Is Left Unsaid
A silent sequence of drawings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3PYOHaROs


Note: The Doctor Is In is the last drawing I made in 2009. I haven’t drawn anything yet in 2010. Time to sharpen those pencils again...


Recently Linked: My thanks to FCT and thesecretinprogress, who have signed on as followers of this blog.

Update:
In the Forum: New Year’s general injunctions.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

'The doctor is in'?

To help us with our multiple perspectives, our multiple selves perhaps?

It seems to be a favourite theme at the moment, or maybe that's just my preoccupation.

Another wonderful self portrait, William.

Have you seen Art Durkee's ideas on self portraiture from 31 December 2009. See: http://artdurkee.blogspot.com/

It's brilliant stuff. I found it very helpful. You might too, if you haven't been there already. His is one hell of a mind, so thoughtful and creative. Jim Murdoch sent me there.

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Elisabeth. I hadn’t seen Art’s site. Indeed, he’s sharing good thoughts there, as well as some beautiful photographs. Of course a short visit or two will not do him justice, so I’ll have to mark the spot and return. For now, I must say farewell, as it’s time for my next appointment....