Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grandpa is a Nut


Grandpa is a nut. We like Grandpa a lot. We like him so much, we ground him up and sprinkled him on top of Grandma’s birthday cake.

Grandma said, “What is it about this cake that tastes so good?”

“Grandpa! Grandpa!” we replied.

“Oh, yes!” Grandma said with a big smile. “That explains everything!”

And we all danced around Grandma’s birthday cake until the ground-up nut turned back into Grandpa.

“What a wonderful party,” Grandpa said. “Happy Birthday, dear.”

And Grandpa kissed Grandma on the ear.

Note: This little children’s story popped into my head yesterday morning when I was chatting online with Lola Koundakjian. After telling me she had already spoken with friends in Belgium, Yerevan, and Fresno, I said, “And now you’re chatting with a nut in Oregon. ... You could grind me up and put me on a cake.” What I hope now is that someone will happen along and want to illustrate the story. Just think — we can publish it and become rich and famous together! Or at least famous. ... Well, maybe not famous, exactly. But something. I don’t know. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.


Update:
As the Conversation continues, I am called to become the faithful amanuensis.

2 comments:

Lola Koundakjian said...

ROFL!!!! Thanks for making me famous in your shadow HG!

William Michaelian said...

Ha! Well, the truth is, my shadow is more famous than I am. In fact, it fired me the other day.