Monday, July 27, 2009

Nuevo Diccionario


Recently Acquired:
Appleton’s New Spanish-English
and English-Spanish Dictionary

By Arturo Cuyás
Revised and enlarged
by Antonio Llano

Third edition, with supplements

Appleton-Century-Crofts, Inc.
New York (1940)

$1.50

Approximately 1,200 pages of musty paradise, “containing more than six thousand modern words and twenty-five thousand acceptations, idioms and technical terms not found in any other similar work: with a pronouncing key and the fundamental tenses of irregular verbs.”

Note: I like the idea of being fundamentally tense.

Update:
In the Forum: The Buckinghams, Gary Puckett, and Three Dog Night.

2 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

I've been noodling around picking up used books lately, too. But, today I need to find shelf space for them. --I suspect I'll be filling a book donation bag.

William Michaelian said...

I suppose it wouldn’t make much sense for me to drive a thousand miles and drop by your place to pick them up, but I’m tempted.