Sunday, August 9, 2009

Recurring Dream


I don’t know why, but every few weeks or months, I dream that I’ve either forgotten to prune the vines and trees on our old family farm, or that it’s late in the season and I’ve fallen far behind. It happened again last night. First I thought I’d better prune the vines by the road so the place wouldn’t look like it had been abandoned. Then I remembered the apricots, and the next thing I knew, I was near the top of a ladder putting the finishing touches on a tree with a pair of long-handled shears. When I climbed back down, it was summer and I was in a park, trying to figure out how to prune the various trees and shrubs growing alongside a quiet residential street. Someone I couldn’t see said, “Maybe you should ask the doctor.” And I said, “What would the doctor know about pruning shrubs?” Then there arose the scent of dampness and mold, and I said, “Soon I will find the graves.”

Added yesterday to the Annandale Dream Gazette.


Update:
As the Conversation continues, twisted girls are bent by ghostly winds.

3 comments:

RUDHI - BY CHANCE said...

Sounds like a visit in the Astral-World...

Rachel said...

Ein Albtraum, hier kannst du mal nachlesen: http://www.traumdeutung-lebensberatung.de/alptraum-angst-traum.html

Ich glaube nicht so recht an Traumdeutung und doch haben solche Träume eine Bewandtnis.
Irgend etwas hast du sicher nicht verarbeitet, schlummert tief in dir, sucht nach Lösungen...

Dir für heute Nacht einen geruhsamen Schlaf...

lächelnd, Rachel

William Michaelian said...

Rudhi and Rachel, maybe you are both right, or partly so. I usually don’t try to analyze dreams; I marvel at them as if they are another language, or maybe a kind of music.

Thanks for the interesting link and the good bedtime wishes,

William