Monday, September 21, 2009

Dream Note


The details of my dreams have been slipping away of late, and I’ve purposely not tried to chase them into words. In them I’ve met old friends and relatives, some among the living, some among the dead. It’s good to see them again. But I don’t remember what they did. I don’t remember what they said.


Recently Linked: Yesterday I discovered the anonymous postings of a poetry lover who has launched a new blog called Salamander, which the editor describes as “a place for poets to connect with other poets, read one another’s poems, and share the joy of creating with words.” The first day’s offering includes poems by Nazia Mallick, Vassilis Zambaras, Luis Lázaro Tijerina, and me, with links to our websites graciously provided. Take a look. And for future reference, I’ve added a link to Salamander in the “Reading Room.”

Speaking of new blogs, I would also like to thank Mrs. Silvie Martin, who teaches at the AGBU Manoogian-Demirdjian School in Canoga Park, California, for linking to my website and blog from her newly launched Word for Word, which will focus on the “world and words of college prep English” at her school.

I would also like to extend a friendly welcome to Ma-Li Kleidon and
D Bennetts for signing on as followers of Recently Banned Literature.

Update:
In the Forum: When push comes to shove; or, distracted by thousands of chickens.

2 comments:

Paul L. Martin said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog, William. Love your stories and my students enjoy knowing another Armenian writer.

Silvie

P.S. I'm your biggest fan, William. Just remember that.

Paul

William Michaelian said...

My pleasure, Silvie. Thank you, and good luck with the new blog.

Paul, I picture you at the fifty yard line, cheering in an empty stadium. On the scoreboard it says World, 72, William Michaelian, 0. Then the game starts....