Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twilight on Fig Street


Another dream I can’t remember, except emerging at the end from a rusty, circular car wash, seeing the name “Fig” on a very tall street sign and a row of fig trees yellowing alongside a rutted four-lane road. I also heard the word twilight — unless I just thought of that now.


Recently Linked: Yesterday, a few hours after joining Recently Banned Literature, Ma-Li Kleidon wrote to tell me she had added my novel, A Listening Thing, to the Gaia Community bookshelf. While I was there, I also discovered Ma-Li’s blog, where she expresses her love for reading, writing, language, and more. Thanks, Ma-Li.

Stage III: “It helps to forget. It helps to remember.”

Update:
In the Forum: imagining imagined imaginations.

4 comments:

Joseph Hutchison said...

I almost never see words in dreams. And seldom do any characters in my dreams speak to me, though once a white dove perched on a tequila bottle said, "Nevermore. Just kidding." (Just kidding.) No, my dreams have gone all foggy for the past few years. I wake up knowing I've dreamed but can't remember anything beyond the mood....

William Michaelian said...

Joe, readers will be raven about your comment.

Regarding your dreams, I wish I could offer an intelligent observation. But this realm remains a delightful mystery to me. I will say, though, that sometimes before I fall asleep, I have a very strong feeling as to whether or not it will be a productive night dream-wise.

Rachel said...

Manchmal habe ich Angst vor Träumen. Dann, wenn ich rennen möchte, und nicht von der Stelle komme. Oder etwas kommt auf mich zu und ich kann nicht mehr zurück weichen, kann dieses etwas gar nicht sehen nur atmen hören...
Dies sind dann wohl Albträume, nicht die besten von den Träumen...

Ihnen William für diese Nacht einen wundervollen Traum..

lächelnd, Rachel

William Michaelian said...

Rachel, it’s true, some of the more frightening dreams are strenuous and exhausting — sometimes I awaken feeling like my muscles or tongue have been tied in knots. Others leave me feeling disturbed for much of the day. Of course, I’m “disturbed” anyway....