Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Birches


She laughs at the yellow leaf
tangled in her hair

then gives me
her hand

(first publication)


Recently Linked: A friendly welcome and my thanks to victorbite, who has signed on as a follower of Recently Banned Literature. He has two blogs: Sincera concreción and Project Mayhem.

Elsewhere: My thanks to Lola Koundakjian for including my poem, “The Sunlight on My Mother’s Face,” in the Armenian Poetry Project. The poem is the first in my new book, The Painting of You.

Updates:
“Birches” added to Poems, Slightly Used.

In the Forum: whiskey and tuna.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, William, you tell what I had yesterday, this yellow birch sheet in the Locken...lach...

you a fine day

Welcome, Rachel

RUDHI - Chance said...

Happy moments!!!

William Michaelian said...

Rachel and Rudhi — our little leaf has made it halfway around the world; now we need someone to carry it the rest of the way....

Elisabeth said...

It has reached me here too in Australia. Sharing your words, the beauty of your image, the yellow leaf, is like offering your hand.
Thank you.

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Elisabeth. And the same can be said of your kind words.

ALeks said...

My gray,cold day is painted warm yellow,the little one came over and touched my pale hand,it is now on my desk,sweet thing!No,really,on my way back to my room yesterday little leaf fell down right on my path,so I picked it up and it keeps me company,:O)
Good day, Aleksandra

William Michaelian said...

Hello, Aleksandra. Your beautiful little leaf reminds me of one I found last year:


Fall

Today I will carry
this bright yellow leaf
and call it my
lantern.

Best wishes to you....

ALeks said...

:O) Sweet! Thank you,best whishes to you too.
How does selling your books is going? I hope good!
Aleksandra

William Michaelian said...

Aleksandra, thank you. Yes, I’m selling some books, but I don’t work very hard at it. I’m publishing these Author’s Press volumes for the record, and so people can have a nice keepsake of our ongoing “conversation” if they feel so inclined.