Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Storm


A sky so heavy, the trees and houses can no longer hold it up.

(first publication)


Recently Linked: A friendly welcome to Elaine Anderson, who has signed on as a follower of Recently Banned Literature. Elaine lives in Fonthill, Ontario, Canada, and runs two websites: The Town of Pelham Public Library, and Fahrenheit 451: Freedom to Read, a discussion on censorship through the Pelham Library in Fonthill.

Updates:
“Storm” added to Poems, Slightly Used.

In the Forum: five miles in five hours.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Your way with words never ceases to amaze me, William. I love this image. I can see this sky and feel its weight.

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Elaine,

Fonthill (in Niagara region) is lovely: almost moved there many years ago because of my teaching job in Welland.

What a lovely corner of Canada you're in: hope developers haven't touched it yet.

RUDHI - Chance said...

The sky so heavy..., that needs indeed a lifting mind as yours, William!

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Rudhi, but I think it’s my mind that needs the lifting!

Conrad, thanks for posting your message to Elaine.

Elisabeth, I feel the same way about your kindness, except that it is incredibly light. And regarding my “way with words” — I’m more inclined to think words have a way with me.

My thanks to each of you for stopping by.

Rachel said...

Die schwere des Himmels ist sinnbildlich tatsächlich oft nicht mehr zu tragen, und doch, wir schaffen es immer wieder..

Lieber William,

dir wünsche ich ein gutes, ein gesundes, glückliches und noch sehr schaffensreiches Neues Jahr,
ich werde hoffentlich noch sehr viel von dir lesen und verinnerlichen dürfen...

Herzlichst, Rachel

William Michaelian said...

Rachel, thank you for your good wishes. I’ve said before that your readings and interpretations, and those of other readers, are what give these little poems wings — just what’s needed in such a heavy sky.

Wishing you a happy, good, productive year,

William