Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sunday Supper


We had almost finished our meal when I suddenly felt as if my departed father had eaten too, and that with his stomach full, he was enjoying his grandchildren through my eyes and ears. He was so satisfied, he lit a cigarette that only we two could inhale and smell — and then, just as quickly, he was gone, and I was myself again.


Recently Linked: My thanks to Conrad DiDiodato for linking to Recently Banned Literature from his blog, Word-Dreamer:poetics. Visitors will also find a link to Conrad’s blog in the “Reading Room.”

Update:
In the Forum: ugly, unique, and curiously appealing.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

William, ich mag solche Visionen, bringen sie doch fast hautnah Erinnerungen zurück...

wenn ich auch nicht immer kommentiere, ich lese immer bei dir, weil es mir gefällt, mich in deine Gedanken zu versetzen...

herzlich, Rachel

William Michaelian said...

Rachel, thank you, it’s nice to know you’re reading along.

ALeks said...

Wonderful!

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Aleksandra!