Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shepherd’s Song


Your hour, my century,
said the mountain.

Your stone, my grief,
said the man.

Your words, my longing,
said the wind.

(first publication)


Recently Linked: My thanks to Jim Moffitt and Michael Scuro for signing on as followers. Jim is a professional photogrammetrist whose interest in art is revealed in his blog, Jim’s Watercolor Digest. Michael is an artist catching up on all things personal and philosophical in his blog, Nailed to the Floor.

Updates:
“Shepherd’s Song” added to Poems, Slightly Used.

In the Forum: find the typo.

4 comments:

Conrad DiDiodato said...

William,

deliciously 'mystifying' verses, never daring to reveal who said what.

And you wonder why I'm moved to write verses here.

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Conrad. I think we all have a bit of the shepherd in us, and we certainly have the song. What we hear depends on our experience, and how good we are at listening. With that in mind, I hope I’m worthy of your response.

vazambam said...

Master,

Your words, my wonder,
Said the lamb.




word verification: reamb

William Michaelian said...

Your grace, my strength,
said the friend.