Sunday, February 14, 2010

Many Are Called


In conceiving a work, the imaginative writer also imagines its significance. If he does his job well, his imagined audience imagines things it’s never imagined before. In your hand is a book. Can you imagine, for one precious, lonely moment, the imagination required to place it there? Or to make it disappear, unwritten, without a sound? All the more so if your hand’s a desert, and you’re miles from any town. What will you imagine now? The writer’s fear? His hunger? Your own?


Recently Linked:
It’s a pleasure to welcome Noxalio as a new follower of Recently Banned Literature. And this leads us to two interesting blogs: Noxalio and noxpix, which readers will also find linked in the “Reading Room.”

Update:
In the Forum: the pain; the angst; the withdrawal.

7 comments:

RUDHI - Chance said...

Presence of Art is my first imagination on books as with pictures...

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Rudhi — that’s what I imagined you might say....

Noxalio said...

William,

I'm honored to be mentioned here.

I recently ran across your blog and i'm somewhat sorry that i'm such a late arrival. It is wonderful to have made this connection.

Oh, thank you for the link to my blog(s).

More again
and soon.

Noxy.

~im just only me~ said...

... and a few are frozen...

William Michaelian said...

Cassie, I knew you couldn’t resist. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Noxy, thanks. I look forward to getting acquainted. Being linked here might ruin your reputation, but heck, that’s part of the fun.

Momo Luna said...

I imagine the book in my hand is a well.

William Michaelian said...

A lovely image...