Wednesday, February 3, 2010

rue Ballu


Maybe I think and write the way I do because of the absence or abundance of certain bodily chemicals, or their weird reactive interplay across chasmic synapses blazing brightly when they are meant to cool, and frozen tightly against ordinary demands. Whatever it is, I have grown accustomed to a daily arc of triumph and defeat, a kind of rue Ballu in a frenzied nowhere with irregular outdated bus service. To be or not to be is hardly the question. Instead I ask, why me, when it could be you?


Update:
In the Forum: sometimes you’re better off left behind.

7 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

we can always wonder why we produce the way we do .
develop theorys , searchin methods , religious stuff ,
i believe some real answer will be given when i die .

i saw the link to rue Ballu , i am going to read with calm later .

see you Willian !!

Gerry Boyd said...

At least it's not a kind of Cat Ballou. That would be far more challenging on a quotidian basis.

William Michaelian said...

Gerry, you’re quite right — especially those days when I wear my silver nose.

Caio, take your time, that story has been sitting there for almost five years now. As for theories, I usually don’t think much along these lines. Next time, I think I’ll blame it on the moon.

ALeks said...

Maybe you should be a woman for a while,if we talk here about possible abundance or absence of certain bodily chemicals or their weird,reactive interplay between the two fool moons!
We all are walking,talking chemical factories getting more sensitive each day!And it could have been me who's better off by leaving.

William Michaelian said...

And it could have been me who missed the bus. And if my words were street signs, we would really be lost!

Joseph Hutchison said...

Being swamped at the moment by "ordinary demands" I must say I miss my own rue Ballu, which can only be reached on foot (the bus having broken down years ago). I'll wander down that winding back alley again in the not to distant future, I hope; but for now, back to what Theodor Storm (in a tiny poem voiced by Robert Bly in The Sea and the Honeycomb) calls "that tiny insane voluptuousness— / Getting this done, finally finishing that."

William Michaelian said...

Joe, indeed, the important thing is that you have a rue Ballu. Otherwise, your ordinary demands would only be demands....