Saturday, February 27, 2010

Things Just Come Through



As luck would have it, I received two more nifty volumes from Ed Baker the other day: Things Just Come Through, a batch of poems and drawings published by Red Ochre Press in 2005, and Between Two Houses, a tiny booklet of poems released by the 24th street irregular press in Sacramento, California, as the 778th installment of its ongoing Poems-For-All series. Nice stuff, generously given.

[click to enlarge]


Update:
In the Forum: a jug of wine, a box of chaps, and thou singing in the wilderness.

4 comments:

Conrad DiDiodato said...

Ed Baker,

a poet and poetry I know well. I've been an Ed Baker reader and admirer for years! Master minimalist poet (in Cid Corman tradition) and artist.

Long live "StoneGirl"!

William Michaelian said...

Conrad, good to hear. You know what they say about beards of a feather....

Ed Baker said...

hey Bill I just came across this.. thanks..

looks terrific..

next thing you'll know

we'll both be famous Minor American Poets! Very minor

... lend me $15 for a cup of coffee, huh?

I need to wash down the cup-cake crumbs hanging in my beard:

hey, Full Moon
get your fingers
outta my grey beard

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Ed. Hey — years ago, we were poet minors, now we’re minor poets. If we keep it up, we’ll be major-minors. Fifteen bucks sounds reasonable to cleanse a beard of that size. Jealous moon.