Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two Atop a Marble Tabletop



[click to enlarge]




[click to enlarge]


A special thanks to Caio Fernandes for his generous post this morning. In case you missed it, you can read my short review of his new book here.

My thanks, also, to Laura Tedeschi, Brad and Sandra Thome, and Amber Maida for signing on as followers of Recently Banned Literature. Laura is sharing some wonderful work on her blog, nouvelles couleurs. Her main website is here. You can explore Brad and Sandra’s world of Transcend Designs here and here. Amber’s blog is here, and her website is here. Wonderful artists!


Update:
In the Forum: old-age waistbands.

7 comments:

Momo Luna said...

Great! The drawing fits so well on the marble.

ambermaida said...

Hi William, you have a wonderful blog- i've been reading your posts and viewing your art- this latest piece looks great, I really like the brows. Thanks for the thoughtful shout out!
Cheers to ART

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Momo Luna. I really like the way the marble pattern is an extension of the drawing, especially in the second photo.

And thank you too, Amber. I appreciate your visits, and feel lucky to have made your acquaintance.

vazambam said...

Though I am not a visual artist, I can still appreciate these two drawings looking up at me over an early morning demitasse of Greek--em, Armenian--COFFEE! Whee, what a way to wake up!

RUDHI - Chance said...

WANTED! Very interesting marble-guy looking out of cosmic milkyway... (Maybe my school-english sounds funny; beware!)

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

William, for me your blog wos a great discovery, I like it on first look,
i thanks to you William

William Michaelian said...

Laura, you are very welcome. I feel the same way about what you are doing. Thanks again.

Yes, Rudhi, I suffer from a rare form of cosmic marble madness. Your English and my drawing can help each other across the street....

Vassilis? Not a visual artist? That makes two of us! And yes, you are permitted to say “Greek coffee.” In fact, I recommend it. You don’t want people there thinking you’re any crazier than you are!