Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The First Raindrops on the Vent Above the Stove


You can ask me anything, but don’t ask me to distinguish between the real, the virtual, and the imagined — especially when it comes to friendship. Were I to do that, I would be worthy of none.

My thanks to all who have signed on recently as followers of this blog. I encourage everyone to click on the profile images in the “Circulation” area and follow the links wherever they lead. You’ll find it a source of nourishment and surprise.

Note: The title of this post is a poem I heard this morning while I was in the kitchen making coffee.


Update:
In the Forum: he ignored his slumbering bottle.

10 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

with your permission , William , i take your words and make it mine .

William Michaelian said...

You’re welcome to do so, my real, virtual, and imagined friend!

RUDHI - Chance said...

Sneezing Unity! (I hope you're not disappointed about my slowlyness!)

William Michaelian said...

Never! Sneezing Unity takes time!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

for me nothing is virtual, I take a sentence of Picasso, "everything you can imagine is real"!!!

William Michaelian said...

Music to my ears, Laura. When people draw a line and say this side is real, this side is imagined, I put one foot on each side....

Elisabeth said...

I agree William. We have to move beyond these arbitrary distinctions. they get us nowhere.

Let's all just enjoy our friendships however temporal and immaterial.

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Elisabeth. Yes. Let’s.

ALeks said...

Ill drink my tea to that!!!! Lets do enjoy in whats a head!

William Michaelian said...

And so we shall, Aleksandra, so we shall.