Tuesday, April 6, 2010

King’s Wild


King’s Wild
April 2010

[click to enlarge]


I have so many nutty drawings propped up on my desk at the moment that I feel like I’m being watched. About half are the result of a dream that stayed with me yesterday right through to the evening, and which I never did manage to articulate, because, all the while, I felt like doing so might actually make it come true. The rest, like King’s Wild, were done over the last few days.

Note: This drawing was done with two pencils simultaneously. My son says it looks like a crazy king on a deck of cards. I agree.


Update:
In the Forum: Everything about you reminds me of you. Even you.

8 comments:

Conrad DiDiodato said...

William,

I believe the best poetry sometimes comes from dreams.

-K- said...

"I have so many nutty drawings propped up on my desk at the moment that I feel like I’m being watched."

First laugh of the day is often the best laugh of the day.

Wine and Words said...

Funny, when I first saw the drawing I thought, "double helix nose"...then to hear dual pencils were involved, well I felt validated. A rare thing for me :)

William Michaelian said...

Conrad, I think so too. But some of them you have to live with for awhile....

Kevin, I love your reaction. Still, I think I’ll draw the next one face down.

Wine and Words — and so early in the day, too! Now, anything is possible....

Momo Luna said...

Nothing wrong with a wild King. I like that his nose curls. So he might be wild and crazy, he's friendly too i think. because of the nose. :-D

William Michaelian said...

Oh, yes, he’s a friendly soul. He doesn’t speak, but he likes to sit here and hum. I think he’s forgotten the words.

Momo Luna said...

Haha, and that's how i can imagine you sometimes, sitting in a nice chair, looking at the rain outside, humming. :-D
But i could have been totally wrong ofcourse.

William Michaelian said...

You’re only partly wrong. The king sits in the nice chair, I sit on a hard one....