Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some Changes Around Here


Yes, I’ve done a bit of freshening up around the old blog joint lately. After changing the color scheme and layout, I decided to go a step further and take advantage of the “pages” feature. I thought it would be nice, especially for people new to the blog, to have some basic information available at first glance upon their arrival. But I hope, too, that everyone will take a look. Just click on the tabs that run across the page above the first entry. Have you ever wondered where I got the name “Recently Banned Literature”? That question is answered in “About.” The other tabs make it easier to find information about my books — the titles available and those forthcoming, along with links to selected reviews.

All unnecessary, perhaps. As Erin, who shares her thoughts so beautifully in her blog, the tiny leaf, kindly said when the template was first changed, “But none of us comes for your page. We come for your mind, your words, your spirit.” And yet that spirit is a restless one, and there is always the need to move on. For even as this post was done, outside, the courtship of two tiny yellow birds was begun. To say something, anything, requires a space — a nest for words, a branch where pictures may be hung.

And since I come for your minds, your words, your spirits, this space must somehow reflect my appreciation and care. We’re here until we’re gone. Our instinct for beauty is as strong as our need to communicate. When the two converge, we’re lucky ones, indeed.


Update:
In the Forum: Spart drank the cider.

19 comments:

RUDHI - Chance said...

Lucky LOOK, William!

Inkpunk Artworks said...

William,

The new layout and design suits you well! Great job!

Enjoy your weekend,
Brian

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Rudhi! It beats shaving....

I appreciate that, Brian. For my next act, I will disappear.... I hope all is going well as you ready your new studio space.

Elisabeth said...

I enjoy your new layout William. It does not surprise me, you are ever changing. One day I might rework my own

all ways 11 o'clock said...

Willam - I love the look, have scanned through the tabs. Easy access, clean and fresh like a new hair cut, I laugh.

~robert

William Michaelian said...

Maybe after your trip, Elisabeth. Your recent entries lead me to believe you’re ready to stir things up a bit. Thanks.

Robert, I laugh too. I feel like I just revealed my ears. Now they’ll probably be sunburned.

Janice said...

This is great William! You made it so easy to find everything. I come to your blog for your mind, your words and your spirit and to communicate with William Michaelian, someone who has become a friend even though we've never met in person and probably never will...I'm glad we met and I do indeed consider myself one of the lucky ones :)

William Michaelian said...

Janice, the feeling goes both ways. It’s an honor and pleasure to know you. You are a bright spirit, and what you share here and in your blog lifts me up.

Woman in a Window said...

It is beautiful. It's a belt with extra notches - room to grow. (And by all means, you don't have to mark my words. I'm just glad to come and read yours, but I thank you, William.)

xo
erin

William Michaelian said...

You’re right, Erin. I don’t have to mark them. They leave a mark that’s all their own.

Now — maybe I really do need a shave and a haircut to go with my new belt.

Crissant said...

Excellent job, changes for good!
Your works are always special, wherever they are.

Hugs!

William Michaelian said...

Crissant, that’s so nice of you. Thanks for shining your light here today.

Old 333 said...

Looks super, William. And your reference section is perfectly imposing. Makes me want to re-paint my own place. Spruce. That's the word. And you've gone and written a whole pile of stuff for me to read since I was last about, too. How completely pleasing. Thanks, as always, for your hard work out here.

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Mr. Greene. It’s nice having you about. And you’re quite right — spruce is the word.

Vatche said...

William, just letting you know that you won an award on my blog, so check that out! :D

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Vatche! I did, and here is my response.

Momo Luna said...

Yes, it's fun to change the look once in awhile. I love this new fresh looking design. But as Erin put so well: i'm here for your thoughts and spirit. So all will look well, for being you.

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Momo Luna. And a design change is much cheaper than a new wardrobe....

Momo Luna said...

Haha! That's for sure. :-P