Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award


Great! I just received the Versatile Blogger Award from Vatche, who just happens to be one of the youngest, most determined writers I know. His books are not in stores, but I assure you they will be. Just give him time.

Now, in giving this award, which several others also received, Vatche says that there are certain “rules” attached. My immediate answer to this, of course, is that I will not follow the rules. Doing so is completely contrary to my nature. Vatche, I’m sorry, but I can’t follow the rules. But something tells me you will understand.

One of the rules is that I should share seven things about myself. Really, Vatche? Must I reveal seven more? Were I to do so, especially all at once, that might be perceived as cruelty. No, I’d best stick to my camouflage method of drawings and poems. Again, I know you will understand.

I’m also supposed to pass the award along to fifteen bloggers, but I’m afraid I can’t do that either. I refuse to accept such a limit. I will only leave someone out and then hate myself later. Why do that when I can cut to the chase and hate myself now?

Vatche, you are one of a kind. I thank you for this award, and will do my best to live up to your reason for giving it. It’s an honor to know you.


6.19.2010 #2
6.19.2010 #1 (marginalia)


17 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations on this award William! You deserve it and so many more you dear rebel...no rules for you :)

William Michaelian said...

That’s right, Janice! Thanks. Now, if there were only a Dear Rebel Award.... or maybe it should be Dear Rabble.

Conrad DiDiodato said...

William,

next year you're my candidate for "Cyberspace Poet Laureate" award.

And please do keep being your inimitable self: don't ever conform to anyone's rules.

Janice said...

A Dear Rabble Award...So you are a "mob" of 1 and so that makes you a rebel of the rabbles :)

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Conrad. But the truth is, I’m me because no one else applied for the job.

Janice: Rabelais.

Janice said...

OK, I see. The 13th century, French writer with earthy wit, common sense and SATIRE...hmmm, a mentor William?

William Michaelian said...

Well, I’m not quite that old.... Wait — did you say common sense? I really missed the bus on that one.

vazambam said...

William,

This is indeed an award well-deserved and inimitably received by a man who knows no limits--congrats on the award and for not conforming.

Vatche said...

Thank you for your kind words, William. I hope someday that my books will hit the shelves and fly off the shelves just as fast.

It's cool and understandable that you're not following the rules, I wish I chose not to follow them either...but I was being held captive by those ninjas, robots, zombies, and pirates, so I kind of had to...but whatever, I'm glad I did and no regrets.

The most important thing though is that you enjoy your award and take it with pride.

Write on, William, you deserve it!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Hi congratulationnnnn

I think you is one of the best blog in absolut

ps: the new layout is very good a good job William

William Michaelian said...

Vassilis, thanks. I conform, alright, but maybe I do it a little differently than everyone else.

Vatche, coming from you, the award is truly an honor. Thanks again, and I’ll see you in the fiction aisle.

Laura, the layout is so different now, sometimes it still surprises me. I’m glad you like it. And I’m moved that you find being here worthwhile. Thank you.

Momo Luna said...

Congratulations William, and you deserve it. (i had to look up versatile in the dictionary) Versatile you are, a magician with words and pencil.
I grinned also, ofcourse you won't follow the rules.
A rebel yell and sweet greetz!

William Michaelian said...

Hooray! Thank you, Momo Luna. I’m glad you looked up the word, because versatile also sounds like some kind of fancy floor or counter covering.

-K- said...

Well-deserved.

And I'm sure he understand you're just a natural-born rebel.

William Michaelian said...

Oh, yes. And I’m sure Vatche understands a few things I don’t, or at present am too blind to see. Thanks, Kevin.

Terresa said...

Vatche is one cool dude. He gifted me the award, too. (And while I accept them graciously, I don't post them or forward them. Just not my gig.)

PS: Love your blog. Over here by way of Elizabeth's suggestion. Wondering how I missed your blog before...

William Michaelian said...

Terresa, thanks. I’m glad you’re here. I look forward to seeing what you’re up to in your blog.