Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dover Thrift Editions



[click to enlarge]


We did manage to stop at one bookstore while we were in Port Angeles, a pleasant shop downtown on East First Street called Port Book and News. Our time was fairly limited, but I did come away with a nice batch of six Dover Thrift Editions. I’ve always loved this imprint — in fact, back at the hotel room, my son signed me up to receive several of Dover’s freshest catalogs, due out, I believe, in August.


7.20.2010 #2
7.20.2010 #1 (marginalia)


8 comments:

Janice said...

I must look into these William. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. What a thoughtful son you have...

William Michaelian said...

Indeed I do. And I could easily have emptied the store’s racks, but, well, we needed some gas money to get home!

NIKKI said...

Dover makes the best clip art books!:)

William Michaelian said...

Hi, Nikki. I’m not surprised. I’ve seen them listed in other Dover books, but I’ve never seen the clip art books themselves. One of these days...!

RUDHI - Chance said...

I only know that stupid ugly feeling, less money too buy the most interesting books - but walking with too much weights makes it easy to reduce the selection - for gas...

William Michaelian said...

Yes, sometimes we have to choose between mind fuel and auto fuel....

~im just only me~ said...

Meh William, who says you couldn't sing for your supper... errm petrol... and yeah Dover pretty much takes over things when you get near a catalogue...

William Michaelian said...

I can’t wait until they arrive. As for singing for my supper, that’s what I’ve been doing for years. Great way to lose weight.