Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hurricane Ridge

My wife and son took dozens of pictures at Hurricane Ridge. I took quite a few myself. Here’s one of them:



Hurricane Ridge
July 18, 2010

[click to enlarge]


Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful comments on my last entry. It’s very quiet here this Sunday morning, cloudy and cool, and I will savor them each over coffee and then later catch up on your blogs.

My thanks, also, to Janice for sharing news of my book, Primitive, with her readers while I was away.

Another recent entry, Handmade Booklets and Jewels, was kindly noted by Donna Fleischer on her site, Word Pond.


Update:
In the Forum: Coffee and books on Saddle Mountain?

8 comments:

RUDHI - Chance said...

I hear Bob Dylan's *HURRICANE blowing...* at this William-Ridge-Porträt...

William Michaelian said...

Hello, Rudhi! That’s a good sound track for this windy drawing....

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

William, I'm reading your post of yesterday, it's wonderful your project, :-) it remaind me on my family, as you say the future of a writer is not sure... this is the same fot my father too, and this is not simply for a wife and children, but artist charachter give more emotion, more life lessons, and more all, I see your wonderfull family and I think on my ...

have a good time that is wonderfull

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Laura. Sometimes I think your family and mine must already know each other....

Stickup Artist said...

Your hair looks like feathers flapping in the wind carrying your head on currents of air.

William Michaelian said...

Ah. Well, quite honestly, those feathers saved me from flying directly into the mountain.

Wine and Words said...

The wind flutters your hair
disturbing particles
housed
for good reason
in the gray
of your good sense
disturbed now
moved
involuntarily
to another roost

William Michaelian said...

Suddenly I feel like a quail at dusk, settling into an orange tree. Oh, yes — I’m from central California, you know.