Monday, September 6, 2010

Bob Arnold: A Possible Eden


“I don’t want to imagine Vermont without apples.”



A Possible Eden
by Bob Arnold

Cover paintings by the author

Modern fables
limited to 50 hand-sewn copies
40 pages



Longhouse
Publishers & Booksellers
Green River, Vermont

www.longhousepoetry.com

Image: front cover (click to enlarge)




I’ve half a mind to plant this book and watch it root and grow. Then again, that’s just what reading is. And I did. And it did. And it is.


Update:
In the Forum: Yeats, Keats, Katz, and then some.

10 comments:

Raven said...

How wonderful this is and thank you so much for sharing it and bringinf this wonderful book to my attention William!

vazambam said...

Yep - it "roots and grows" - just what Bob's poetry does.

word verification: humanky!

William Michaelian said...

My pleasure, Raven. Thank you!

Vassilis, I’m not surprised. Even the word verification is impressed by Bob’s book.

rahina q.h. said...

just made me smile:) so, thank you

William Michaelian said...

You’re quite welcome, Rahina. Knowing so makes the day that much better.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Vermount, apples, eden, apples ... already The title is very interesting
I like a lot what you have said about...
leave me thinking... I like so much the idea that books are the seeds that we plant it in our souls and in our souls they blossom and grow!
Williasm your sensitivity never ceases to amaze me

thank you!!

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, dear Laura. This little book is the kind that brings such images to mind.

martinealison said...

Chaque livre, chaque oeuvre poussent dans notre coeur différemment...

jasmin said...

many dear greetings beautiful, a book is like a garden that is carried in the pocket, Love Jasmin...

William Michaelian said...

So true, Martine. And our hearts grow because of them.

Yes, Jasmin, it really is....