Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ed Baker: Stone Girl E-pic


Stone Girl E-pic

Five books and introduction in one volume

Nottingham, England (2011)

525 pages


“...here is work that manages to retain all the elements and yet make contemporary Vispo look very empty, leaving the reader to look for the essentials of a more tradition-based visual poetry: a minimalism that matters and the most purely ‘concrete’ art that ever illustrated text. Writing that cuts to the bone, iconoclastic and original, and a ‘Stone Girl’ art sprung out of the lines themselves. Writing and art on Baker’s terms.”Conrad DiDiodato

4 comments:

Old 333 said...

Congrats again to Ed - good work.

William Michaelian said...

Yep — one hundred percent undiluted Ed, accept no substitutions. Thanks, Peter.

Ed Baker said...

now

jus when I got famous / read
you might know that my email serverist went kaput!

so things a-breast going via sdf SOMEHOW to gmail
where I am at a loss for
keeping track of
who I am now become and what of it?

just reading my copy of my book.... jeesh
with my next Social Security check I think that I'll buy 10 copies....
to hold caress and oogle!

William Michaelian said...

Well, then, don’t forget to sign one congratulating yourself on this e-pic output. And someday, as your fame advances at a g-mail’s pace, you’ll be able to say, “I knew him when.”