Monday, May 16, 2011

Journey to Virginland: Epistle 1



“Dog vs. God. In an iconoclastic story,
Dog demolishes the foundations of Western Civilization.”

Publishers Weekly


As part of a fortuitous book exchange with its author, Armen Melikian, a lovely hardcover edition of the novel Journey to Virginland: Epistle 1 is now part of my collection:



Journey to Virginland: Epistle 1
by Armen Melikian

Two Harbors Press
Minneapolis

2010

ISBN 10: 1-935097-51-2
ISBN 13: 978-1-935097-51-8

272 Pages. Hardcover. $23.95.



Did I say fortuitous? Is there any other kind?

4 comments:

Stickup Artist said...

I just googled the book. It really does sound fascinating. You have some really amazing friendships. I'm sure that isn't entirely fortuitous, but speaks volumes about character.

William Michaelian said...

The truth is, I started life as a character in a book. But I was so well written that I came to life, and this gives rise, naturally, to amazing friendships, some with great photographers. The day will come, of course, when I return to my former state. And I’ll tell you what: that is good enough, almost too much to hope for.

Old 333 said...

Lovely photograph. You should do book jackets.

Was it a good book, the one you started in?

William Michaelian said...

Well, the real truth is, I was kicked out for defamation of character. So, yes.

Thanks, too, about the photo. I could do jackets for extremely high-priced books and call them tuxedos. “Continued on back cummerbund.”