Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bob Arnold: A Possible Eden (Book 2)


I have a father, sister, close friends all gone,
but not at all gone to me. I’m still with them or they are with me
and I accept no religion, absolutely none, to get in the way
between me and the stars. The woodfire burns tonight.
In the flames my father used to say he saw faces.

Bob Arnold
from “Benediction”



A Possible Eden
(Book 2)

by Bob Arnold

Cover paintings by the author




Publishers & Booksellers
Green River, Vermont


Image: front cover (click to enlarge)




Companion Volume

:






Review

I go out and say Come and meet my friend,
and guess who’s first to smile. That’s right.
The neighbor’s dog, breaking down the fence.



8 comments:

Aleksandra said...

He really broke your fence? :O)
I was just singing a song `dont fence me in`did not mean to disturb the neighbors dog ....hope he hasn't damaged much....
Nice review for a beautiful writing.

William Michaelian said...

I do have a strange way of expressing myself sometimes, but there is something so joyous in Bob’s writing that a dog’s beautiful, unconditional smile sprang eagerly to mind. Thank you, and don’t stop singing.

Aleksandra said...

Heh... your mastery with words is joyous,you never stopped to amaze me,and believe me that is something very special and dear to me....not many could get my attention so clearly awake as you do!!Thank you! Hvala William! :)

William Michaelian said...

Ah, so kind. And inspiring. Now it’s my turn to break down the fence.

Old 333 said...

Neat painting detail!

William Michaelian said...

I love it. Thanks, Peter.

erin said...

and I accept no religion, absolutely none, to get in the way
between me and the stars.


had i understood this all my life! ah, but then i'd have missed all the fun discovering it.

xo
erin

William Michaelian said...

Yes. And yet the very idea is threatening to some.