Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Friends


It wasn’t long before our food arrived. That helped. Some. Not enough. While we were eating, I went through my usual song and dance, doing my best to lighten the atmosphere. We talked about the old days, and I asked him about his parents, and about his younger sister, Kelly, who was pretty without knowing it, and whom I danced with once in the high school gym. I didn’t ask her. She asked me. It was wonderful. We held each other close, and it meant something — what, I don’t know. I don’t even remember the song.

[From Chapter 8, A Listening Thing]


Note: Through September 22, Cosmopsis Books is offering my novel,
A Listening Thing, at the special price of $14.00, plus shipping.

The first printing is limited to 150 numbered copies.

To order this tenth anniversary print edition
from anywhere in the world, click here.

Thank you!


3 comments:

Denise Scaramai said...

...are these perceptions and feelings that feed and give color to life!
____________________

Yesterday, after reading here the cap 7, knew was to be born, my great-nephew and went there, 'enjoy' the moment ...
The kind of miracle that says, Listen.

thank you and a big hug!

William Michaelian said...

Denise, thank you. I just saw his picture on Facebook. So beautiful. Congratulations!

Denise Scaramai said...

thanks William!
a new life always thrills us.
and makes us 'reflect on' ...