Sunday, August 28, 2011

Parts


The part of me that hates life said, “What a fool. Throw in the towel, already.”

The part of me that loves life said, “Whatever you do, don’t throw in the towel. Things will get better. It’s worth it, so just hang on.”

The part of me that thinks life is a joke said, “Enjoy yourself. It’s just a game.”

The part of me that takes life seriously said, “What a terrible waste of the precious, hidden, undiscovered talent that everyone has. If only there were a way to bring it out.”

All the while, the part of me that recognizes the folly of the other parts smiled and said nothing.

[From Chapter 6, A Listening Thing]


Note: Through September 22, Cosmopsis Books is offering my novel,
A Listening Thing, at the special price of $14.00, plus shipping.

The first printing is limited to 150 numbered copies.

To order this tenth anniversary print edition
from anywhere in the world, click here.


Another Note: A special thanks to Gabriella Mirollo for including A Listening Thing among her beautiful thoughts and images on reading. My thanks also to another friend and fellow blogger, Jan, for featuring the book in her blog, From My Park Bench.


3 comments:

Two Tigers said...

You're too kind mentioning me here William! All this mutual admiration going on, people will start to talk.

I have a bone to pick with you, however. Now that your book has started me reading again I'm having trouble finding my next good read, yours having proven such a hard act to follow! Oh most cruel.

William Michaelian said...

Oh, yes, it’s all part of my evil plan. Just call me Snidely Whiplash. Meanwhile, I see it’s now my turn to compliment you. So it goes in our Society of Two.

Two Tigers said...

Don't even THINK about tying me to the railroad tracks! And now, here's something we hope you'll really like...