Friday, September 2, 2011

Hunger


I finished my lunch and washed my hands. It has to do with hunger, I think. Not just physical hunger, but the hunger that drives us to great things or to ruin. It has to do with who we are at the moment, and whatever happens to be bugging us. It is a combination of things that never stays the same. The quality of everything we do depends on our mood, our state of mind, and what we want. Ability is one thing. Intention and spirit is another. It’s no wonder, then, that food so enjoyable one day can be a nuisance the next. That life, so enjoyable one moment, can be so painful the next. And that isn’t the half of it. The rest, which I don’t understand either, is just as rewarding and confusing.

[From Chapter 11, A Listening Thing]


Note: Through September 22, Cosmopsis Books is offering my novel,
A Listening Thing, at the special price of $14.00, plus shipping.
 
The first printing is limited to 150 numbered copies.

To order this tenth anniversary print edition
from anywhere in the world, click here.
 
Thank you!



No comments: