Friday, November 11, 2011

A Bright Sun-Shiny Day



Armen Karaoghlanian and William Michaelian


I really like this picture. It was taken here earlier this year on the sixteenth day of August, when I had the good fortune to meet Armen and his lovely girlfriend, Mary, who was kind enough to record the moment. Armen and I have been in touch for quite some time. We met online over a short story of mine called “I Feel Like I’m Falling.” A director with heart and a keen eye for detail, Armen plans to make a film based on the piece.

In addition to his film work, Armen also writes for Yerevan Magazine, where he’s in charge of “From the Vault,” a new cinema series in which he discusses Armenian films and filmmakers, and focuses on forgotten gems and classics.


12 comments:

donnafleischer said...

Terrific news, William. And, I like this photo. I had no idea of the genocide of the Armenian people until I saw Saroyan's "Ararat". It will always be in the top three of films I have ever seen, will see.

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Donna. You must be thinking of Atom Egoyan’s film. The genocide: yes. That you only recently learned of it shows the power of lies and politics, terms which seem to be interchangeable.

RUDHI - Chance said...

Great picture, William!!!

Old 333 said...

Cool! Photo, and film plans, and, well, life in general. I can feel the sun shine right off the page. Happy days.

William Michaelian said...

Glad you like it, Rudhi. Thank you!

Happy days indeed, Peter. Thank you too.

these temporal rooms said...

congratulations on yet another wonderful project, you handsome dude!

~robert

William Michaelian said...

Ha! You make me smile, even though I’m sure you meant that for Armen. Rascal.

these temporal rooms said...

Dudes!
i laugh.

Stasja Voluti said...

երկու գեղեցիկ տղամարդիկ, եւ գրքեր.

Wonderful news and photo, William.

William Michaelian said...

Ah, Շնորհակալություն, Stasja....

Nazia Mallick said...

Great news William! You deserve it.

And what a picture. I am transported to some mysterious world of a story teller, who is about to ask me to take a seat near that sunny window and tell me stories of fairies, witches, spirits and a beautiful blue underwater world....

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Nazia. And with such an imaginative listener as you, how can I go wrong?