Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One year ago today, we gave you



The White Mountain woman and her homemade ice cream.
The hummingbirds in Uncle Leo’s mustache.
The wise old oaks at Shepherd’s Point.
Apples, crows, and pancakes.
A dream about George.
A man and his son.
A life undone.
And Mary.

All

in




A Listening Thing

Tenth Anniversary
Authorized Print Edition


Paperback Original
232 pages, $18.00

[Front cover: click to enlarge]


And now, to celebrate, for one week only,
Cosmopsis Books is again offering this beautiful edition
at the special price of $14.00, plus shipping.

To order from anywhere in the world, click here
or on one of the Cosmopsis Books links in this entry.
For more about the book, click on the back cover image below.
For comments and reviews, click here.




[Back cover: click to enlarge]



~ Note ~

At this time I’d like to thank, once again, each and every one of you
who has welcomed A Listening Thing into your home.

It’s my belief that a book lives and grows (or wilts and dies) one reader at a time.
What does the future hold for Stephen Monroe? No one really knows,
but if we were to ask him, he’d probably say that the answer
is most readily found in the mirror.

In the interim, I point to the reviews and comments
his urgent acerbic-poetic narration has received,
and which are highlighted on my website.

To those new to the book who are courageous enough to take the plunge,
I say welcome.


7 comments:

Jonathan Chant said...

In these difficult, pressurised times, this book reminds us what it is to be human.

Buy it now if you haven't already done so.

Transcend Designs said...

and what a great read it is...!
: )

William Michaelian said...

Jonathan and Brad, I hope you both know how much your having the book, and having read it, means to me. Thank you.

Jan said...

I loved this book and I would recommend it to anyone who reads your blog, William. I am so happy to own my copy :)

Jan

William Michaelian said...

Thank you very much, Jan. It’s in loving hands, I know, and a heart as big to match.

vazambam (Vassilis Zambaras) said...

And what a day that was, my friend, but nothing to compare with the day I received it--thanks again, William.

William Michaelian said...

Vassilis, I thank you. Stephen needs a friend like you; in fact his life depends on it. As does mine.