Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fifteen Drawings: June-December 2012



To view these at full size and in their proper light,
please right-click and open in a new tab or window. Thank you.



Remembering with the left hand

June 4, 2012





Self-Portrait After a Dream: For All We Know

August 13, 2012

Just before waking this morning, I saw an old friend who died in 2010.
We were in a used bookstore. I said, “Were you asleep?”
And he said, “The truth is, I’ve been sleeping far too much lately.”

Drawing made while singing/humming “For All We Know.”






Clouds

August 16, 2012






Canvas 288

September 14, 2012






Memory; or, Self-Portrait in the Wind

October 4, 2012






The Forest Is My Mind

October 21, 2012

Most, I encounter in the forest, and the forest is my mind.






Soliloquy

November 15, 2012






Grace

November 22, 2012






Self-Portrait as the Last Leaf to Fall

December 5, 2012






Remnant of a Dream

December 7, 2012






Verses

December 7, 2012






Self-Portrait as Passing Cloud

December 11, 2012






Nightfall

December 20, 2012






Tempest

December 22, 2012






In the Street and at Your Door

December 24, 2012



11 comments:

temporal rooms said...

how wonderful it is to see these drawings again William.

they make me very happy!

~robert

William Michaelian said...

Great to hear, Robert! We’re glad you joined our little party....

Wine and Words said...

How nice to see you again William, in all your forms. Hope you are well. Happy New Year :)

William Michaelian said...

Nice to see you, too, Annie. All’s well here, and I wish you the very best.

táne-mar said...

evanescence upon infinity
fabric of a face

happy holidays, William!

William Michaelian said...

And to you, Tanya! Thank you, as always.

Bitch said...

Good morning, William!
Dreaming again? I hope you are fine?
Nice to see those drawings.
Somehow they do not open in a bigger view!!

Wish you a very nice New Year!!

William Michaelian said...

You too, Monika, thank you! The drawings open properly here. Maybe I should try dreaming in a different web browser....

Bitch said...

Yes dear and why not...
It is still dark over here..

Wanda Lea Brayton said...

What precious gifts you have and share! My mother was an artist and I have drawn a few pieces that weren't too bad. These pieces are superb and your titles very accurate. A few of my favorite words are grace, tender mercy, solitude...you have visualized your titles remarkably well. I love the "Remembering" drawings, too. How much there is to learn, to remember, to share in this lifetime. Thank you so much. I am an admirer of your many works and have emailed a message to you.

William Michaelian said...

Wanda Lea, thanks very, very much. I received your message and will reply soon.