Friday, February 22, 2013

A Hard Day’s Night


Dear Jonathan,

Fame, at last. I’ve been waiting a long time for a moment like this. The sad fact is, I’d grown accustomed to the idea that I’d be waiting forever. But now, by means of this eerie-yet-strangely appealing-Hard Day’s Night-esque scene you’ve created, you have relieved me of that burden. Unfortunately, at the same time, I’ve acquired a new fear of doctors’ offices. I’ve yet to fully recover from the doctor I had in childhood, who banged his penicillin shots so forcefully into my arm that my screaming started while my mother was still helping me from the car in front of his office. Not only has that memory reared its head, now I must add hypochondria to my daily activities. But, my friend, it’s well worth it. And who knows where it might lead? Hollywood? Bellevue? Sing Sing? Ah, the possibilities are endless....

With thanks, as always,

William


3 comments:

Paul L. Martin said...

And he's back...Like the post and found a new blog to follow.

William Michaelian said...

Thanks, Paul. Like me, I think you’ll find in Jonathan a thoughtful writer and a wonderful friend.

Jonathan Chant said...

Thank you both.