Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Better blind, than blind


Ask me why I so willingly
read myself blind, and I might say,

Better blind, than blind;

For never was my darkness
so very, very light.

Ask me if I’m not lonely in the absence
of color, and I might say,

I know what the colors know;

For never was my gladness
so very, very full.

Ask me if my dreams sullenly dim
and fade, and I might say,

As inevitably as yours;

For never was this life
so very, very sure.

Ask me why I blithely carry on,
and I might say,

I am the carried one;

By cloud, to grave,
I am the carried one.



6 comments:

erin said...

such (eternal) fruition))))

xo
erin

William Michaelian said...

Parenthetically speaking, of course.

-K- said...

"I am the carried one."

Will be my thought for the day. Really.

William Michaelian said...

Kevin, thank you.

Jan said...

Beautifully written, William~

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Jan....