Thursday, May 14, 2015

The greatest of all gifts


Last night there came a dream
in which I was granted the greatest of all gifts:
my mortality. I washed myself to prepare,
and, in the act of washing, I let go
of every care.

I carefully soaped my hair.

I did not wish, or try, to defend myself;
I took no courage; I felt no fear.

No death wish, or life wish,
interfered.

And when, suddenly, so unexpectedly,
my eyes opened on the night, there was no relief,
or start, or fright.

Only joy, as a song feels,
when its voice is taking flight.



9 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Enjoyed..

William Michaelian said...

I’m glad, Anthony. Thank you.

Jan said...

Only the joy of living another day and my being here to read your lovely words, dear William~

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Jan....

vazambam (Vassilis Zambaras) said...

Welcome back, my namesake.

Out of Sight L said...

I can't wait for that moment when i will enter that Brilliant light of Love for now I'm just hanging on...this is beautiful dear William

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, my good mentor of Meligalas.

And thank you, too, Lorraine, for hanging on, and looking in.

Bitch said...

So beautiful lines again (ENDLICH)))
Greetings of joy from Greece!

William Michaelian said...

Greetings, Monika, and thank you....