Sunday, August 16, 2015

The thing he then was



“What the writer did actually mean,
the thing he then thought of, the thing he then was.”

Carlyle

~

Finished

Balzac
by Frederick Lawton

Spiritual Adventures
by Arthur Symons

The Life and Letters of Sir Edmund Gosse
by Evan Charteris

The Letters of Algernon Charles Swinburne
edited by Sir Edmund Gosse and Thomas Wise

A Study of Shakespeare
by Algernon Charles Swinburne


Currently Reading

The Correspondence of Thomas Carlyle and Ralph Waldo Emerson,
1834-1872, Volume I



2 comments:

Jan said...

You have been busy reading, William...and I am sure that you have enjoyed every moment :)
The quote is beautiful~

William Michaelian said...

Thank you, Jan. I think reading must be my natural state, thanks to my dear mother who got me started at the public library so young....