Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mow me down


I am not saying I am not sane, but if I were a blade of grass, and you had removed my head like that, I would not be looking up to you this morning as I am, or even looking back. No. I am not saying I am not sane. I am saying, sane or not, that the root of my claim, although not seen, is its imagined depth. And that is my definition not of envy,
but of green.


~

Finished
Arthur Conan Doyle: A Life in Letters

Currently Reading
The Letters of James Russell Lowell
(Two Volumes)



2 comments:

Jan said...

Great play with words, William!
I would never be green with envy to be mowed over and lose the top of my head :)
Me...sane? Probably not. But I'm Happy~

William Michaelian said...

Now you’re speaking my language.... I’m glad you like my latest soliloquy; after all, I wouldn’t want you to think this is just a clip joint.