Wednesday, June 14, 2017

In my darkest hours amid my blackest fires


If you feel your difficulties are undeserved,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you feel unworthy of your good fortune,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you fear what is to come,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you are disappointed or angry,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you hate politicians,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you hate yourself,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you love yourself,
practice gratitude and think of others.

If you are numb, or broken, or spiritually distraught,
accept my gratitude and think of me,
in my darkest hours amid my blackest fires,
upon my knees, with tongue and lips too dry to say
what all most need to hear:

Practice gratitude and think of others,
until you see there is no you or me,
only one vast and subtle grace-filled mirror,
and all that is, is blessed, and all is blessed to be.



No comments: